Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good news, bad news

First the bad: I'm sad to report that the publisher (Shadowrose/Shadowmere) of my first two novels (The Mars Imperative and The Tesserene Imperative) has apparently gone belly up. They haven't responded to emails for phone calls since late last year. As a result, I reluctantly terminated my contracts with them back in early March. So now I'm waiting for the publishing right to revert to me (90 days after termination). In the meantime, I took to submitting the manuscript for my third novel to other publishers.

And there's the good news. I recently received an offer for the book. I'm still mulling over the offer, so I don't want to name names until I decide whether to accept. But it's quite likely that Sunrise Destiny will be on sale later this year. Hooray!

Mark.

No comments: