Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fun weekend... Not.

I spent all Sunday creating a drainfield between my yard and my next door neighbor's where the water likes to collect and create a marshy area. The grass won't grow there and it looks ugly.

So I dug an 80-foot trench, filled the base with gravel, and put in some corrugated pipe (covered in a porous fabric that lets the water in, but not the dirt and gravel) to take the water down to the drainage ditch out by the street. Then on Monday and Tuesday I added more gravel in the trench, on either side of the pipe, and then covered the trench with dirt. What a lot of work, but great exercise. LOL!

Here are a few photos of the process:




I still have to pack down the dirt and then cover with topsoil and add grass seed. But with any luck, the area will look great by Springtime. 

No comments: