Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Aliens Versus Zombies! Update 2

There I was, making great progress on AVZ, when life happened. I had just hit 70,000 words, then my younger daughter came home from college. That pretty much killed my writing time, what with catching up and spending time together. Then I decided that I didn't like where the story was going, so I decided to rewrite the latest two chapters. I was able to reuse much of the content, but after several days of editing I ended up with just under 69,000 words.

So, on one hand I took a step backwards on the word count. On the other, I'm much happier with the direction the story is taking. Overall, it's a win. It just greatly slowed my progress towards the end of the story. Oh well. Better to fix the problem now than to wait until I've finished the story and then have to go back and fix a lot of chapters.

#AliensVersusZombies #MarkTerenceChapman

No comments: