Monday, May 11, 2015

Aliens Versus Zombies!, Update 4

Status update on Aliens Versus Zombies!. Between a family outing on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday, I didn't have as much time for writing as I would have liked. But I did manage to write another 4,400 words on Friday and Sunday nights, bringing the total up to 81,400. I'm working on Ch. 31 now, and it's entering the end game, the final battle for the planet. :) There's still a ways to go yet, but it's getting close. I might have it finished in another week or less. (We'll see.)

My personal record for finishing a first draft was 69 days, but that was only 77,000 words long. It didn't reach 100,000 words for over a year. That was my first novel. I'm much better with first drafts now. If I want to match that number of days, I'd have to finish in the next 6 days. Of course, this draft is a lot longer than the first one, so it's really not a fair comparison. Anyway, it's getting there. :)

I'm still looking toward a July release date.

Now I just need a cover for it.

#MarkTerenceChapman #AliensVersusZombies

No comments: